A famous saying.. "Time and Tide wait for none"
9/11 happened, we were shocked, we mourned, reminisced..
11/26 happened, we were all the more shocked, cried, mourned and reminisced.
Gradually we get over with it...Well this scribble isn't about general awareness and media upheavals from time to time. It's about me..
When I was in school, a part of me never wanted to get out of my hometown and leave my school, my school friends. We have had our share of concerns and sorrows as to how will we all find new friends once we cross the contours of uniforms and bicycles.
That happened almost five years ago.And now, I'm merely in touch with them.We post on fb,scrap on orkut,occasionally gtalk and rarely talk.Whenever I'm back home, they aren't, probably due to the different academic calendars we have.The gap widens..previously waiting to be bridged, but after sometime, losing this very hope and turning into a fragile sense of satisfaction that atleast "we're in touch".
Now I feel,my college friends are my ultimate source of fun,frolic,enjoyment,emotional boost on whose shoulders I can pat and make my head fall.And the time is nearer,when we all will bid goodbye..this very thought brings a chill down my spine.Yes,I admit I have been emotionally dependant on them many a times and may be that makes me feel weak from within.
But what I ponder is,will time again play its game and make these friends of mine, yet another acquaintance which I will proudly be "in touch" with?? For sure, destiny will make us journey separately where our paths might not even cross.I don't know if I am mentally prepared for that.And even if I am..will that be a smooth and subtle transition?
I guess, I am answering my own questions. Yes perhaps I will sail with time.But how ironic is this whole fiasco...we take time in coming close to each other,just to realize that now the time has come to distance ourselves.Isn't it??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
well chitwan..its so true..being one of those persons for whom u feel so..n with whom u think u wil again experience a smooth transition i can gauge the feelings! But let me tell you.i might sound impractical and unreasonable but i dnt want it to be a smooth one..only if it become a coarse one that we will revolt to it..i guess i could covey wht i desperately want to!
ReplyDeleteWell, that's life.. we come across people, and then they go away.. new people come.. and so on..!
ReplyDeleteEven online friends are not forever!
Well i find myself chatting with blogger frnds more than skool or collg frnds ...not that I am too busy or they are too busy. it's just that life is too busy !!
ReplyDeleteyou feel bad when u think about getting separated, u will feel bad when u get separated but u will be okay when u get separated, coz u will have new people ..to look up to ..that's the way whole cycle goes :)
well CHITWAN , lief is to move on.
ReplyDeleteEven i also feel the same way as i just finished my grad this year.
koi na naye dost banao and life goes on .....the rset u know and answered in ur own post..
all the best buddy !!!
:( You are leaving next sem
ReplyDeleteHate all this emosonal atyachaar.
Hate emotions
But then again hate is an emotion in itself
*is talking crap*
I agree with the last couple of lines of your post.
ReplyDeleteLife is strange.