I have been at home since past two months.When I was in college,the idea of staying for two months @ home was dreadful...why?because I wanted to do internships.stay out and gain some work experience-to secure naukri.Although I did manage to secure one internship for december..for which I will be leaving tomorrow,the very thought of my colleagues interning while I 'wasting' my time at home was too scary for me.Ok,now don't you all raise your eyebrows--i am not a workoholic,but come on,who likes to stay idle for such a long time...
But contrary to these very thoughts, my two months were indeed a bliss..I realized the value of my comfort zone..I understood that I wouldn't have got such a zone anywhere else,had I interned.My parents were happiest,as they got their toy cum driver cum reason of entertainment cum reason not to crib and fight with each other :P
I have no friends in the city anymore.They all are studying somewhere else.I used to get bored sometimes,but the opportunity cost (all you engineers,google this word if u dunno,m lazy to explain) wasn't that taxing to me.
Then I did Vaishno Mata darshan..which I always find so peaceful..then Jim Corbett National Park happened.I admit I wouldn't have enjoyed this much had I interned at some law firm where I would have been insignificantly working, striving to gain some prominence in the hope of being part of the firm.And I was ignoring the comfort zone,I received here from my parents-my home.We discussed about my career.I used to think parents don't know about 'options of today and career options we may exercise'.But how wrong I was,I actually was made to think about alternative career options by my very own mother who doesn't know a zilch of law..
I learnt many things,unlearnt few others too...learnt that the people around you ain't that bad and not every duur ka dhol is suhawana,and even ghar ki daal cn be murgi marabar.I din't know Bhagwadagita also has English translation meant for youth like us..not that I have begun reading it,but I always wanted to know what was this whole fuss about..m glad nw atleast it wud be readable.
Had some depressing moments also,but as long as your loved ones are around, you tackle them with grace.
Tomorrow am off to Delhi and same hectic 4 weeks of gettin up early-travel-work-travel-sleepin early begins.For the first time,im having inertia of rest before an internship (normally im hyper active :P)..because of my COMFORT ZONE.
Sunday, November 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First, all the best for your interns..
ReplyDelete:) it is always good to spend sometime in home.. who knows what happens after u pass out the clg...
reading bhagwadgita calls for courage. although I knw its GOOD!
All the best, don't worry, once you're in the grind, you'll get used to it!
ReplyDeleteHappens sometimes when you get too comfy doing nothing ;) and look who's talking! Read translated version by Swami Chinmay something (hopefully the name is correct! I'll find and tell you for sure) Have read only a bit of it... but find it pretty good... better than other translations actually... :)
Just like AD, wishing you all the best sabse pehle...
ReplyDeleteAur uskey baad... wud like to mention ki bhayee jo baat ghar mein hain woh aur kahaan... :)
Achcha hain naa.. u got the opp...
I seriously miss interning after sitting idle at home...it sucks..so much that i feel like starting to work after my graduation...
ReplyDeletenot that there is a list of firms waiting to give me jobs :D :|
anyway..hope things are going well for u now :)