Sunday, March 29

My tryst with the dreams...

We all at one or the other point of time, have had various dreams- pleasing, bizarre, scary, funny, tragic, adventurous...and majority of them not lasting more than a minute..which we forget the very next morning.. I have had my share of dreams, too...

When I was small, in class 2 or 3..we used to live in Amritsar. There is this ancient Art Gallery, in the heart of the city where nowadays normally woollen/hosiery sales, display of some paintings etc. is conducted. The hall inside has statues of old men (now I came to know those old men were Dadabhai Naraoji, Rabindranath Tagore etc., tab wo sab mujhe bhooth lagte the)..as well as fiercy animals in action...like cheetah, jackal, tiger etc..including eagles and hawks.. (wonder why the gallery has such a villanious look...)..nevertheless the gallery stands out as city dwellers' proud monument.
Yah...now my dream....
I am locked inside that art gallery and i can hear my parents and my sister's thin sounds withering away to dead silence. I have no one around and that is when the animals become live in action and pounce on me. I so vividly remember that dream because I used to wake up in the dead of the night and start howling...my mom had to come to my room to calm me down.

Missing the trains, flights, falling from the buildings is a common dream we all must have had quite often...so nothing new in it.

To all my blogger friends..let me inform you that I was down with viral fever since past week..it must be through Y2A..viral is so damn contagious I tell you even the contours of web can't stop it. So in one of those terribly weak,broken sleep nights when my body was in pain and heat, I had this weird dream that I am in US with four friends of mine and just a day before we all have to board flight back to India, one of my friends got caught consuming marijuana and American laws are exxxxxxxtremely strict for a drug addict..more so since he is Indian so he will be dealt much more severely. And i woke up panthing away for breath realizing my whole body was drenched in sweat.
Now before you think anything else, let me tell you that I am the most sober (ok I may not top the list but surely one among them..) guy you can come across-milktotaller (spelling theek hai kya?), seedha sadha sarv gun sampat, intelligent, decent, cute, good looking, religious, value nourished, holistic individual..i used to pronounce marijuana as "maree-joo-aana" before coming to college, so consuming it is beyond question..

Number three) Day before yesterday I had this dream that I got selected for UPSC exams on the basis of a dance performance I once did on my college's foundation day. It was good, but in the dream I was not comfortable, since I was saying it to myself (like you know it happens in movies...ur own self talks to you...personifying contradicting thoughts within you..abey wo purani movies mein hota tha na..hamesha!)..that "chitwan you do not deserve this success..how can an IAS officer be appointed because he dances..and other side of me says.."chup kar, mujhe jo chahiye tha mil gaya, main aam khaonga, guthliyan nahi ginunga..." and then in my dream I was so charmed by this statement and the proverb that my dream got drifted from UPSC to mango factory..an IAS officer in inspection to mango factory (mangoes are made in factory, you dint no that..ha!! GK kahan se padhi tum sab ne :P)..and I am about to loose on my morals as I am too overwhelmed by their aroma..

Ok I guess I took you quite deep within the realms of my sub conscious..As is this famous saying that never probe a guy's mind and gal's body :P (joke tha bhai..hass lo)..i sign off...
shower in your dream remnants here...who knows I have a dream amalgmation one night!!!

12 comments:

  1. no photo this time :O X-(
    tab wo sab bhoot lagte hai it seems =)) that gallery wala dream is so cool :)) i hardly get scary dreams.. most of my dreams are situational types..me meeting my friends at ccd...or me with harina in class... lately im getting many dreams of connaught place (sigh)

    awesome post...damn funny che.. \:D/
    p.s- mari joo aana? =)) =)) =)) gujju che? :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh did u watch that movie..'one night in the museum'?
    You shud have been there instead of 'Ben stiller' :P

    well my weirdest dream would be that i hear some kind of joke in the dream and i LOL ...and i wake up laughing ..It's so damn weird i have scared my frnds and family members so many times :P
    oki get well soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...

    badey weird par interesting dreams they... aur sabsey mast baat yeh hain ki tumhey yaad rahey...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. for Y2A thingy:
    Hehe, now you have been officially a "VIctim of the Y2A problem!"
    Congrats!

    [baaki comment poori post k baad!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm.. dreaming is a good habit and recalling your dreams is another tap on the back!

    I get so many dreams that I don't even remember!

    for UPSC, all the best... Dance se hi chance maarlo..!

    And drugs... thank god that it was ur friend who was caught, not you!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @mads..ya gallery dream still makes me shiver..cn u believe tht!!
    @peter..dint watch tht movie,will try to get a hand on it.
    @harshita..arey u also must be havin some remnants of ur dreams im sure...kuch to yaad hoga hi..
    @Y2a...wots being victimized in ur sense??
    thanx for compliments :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well scary n funny dreams.....clearin upsc on d basis f yo dance wud ve been pretty cool

    my dreams r usually related to my real life,the most curious case being somhw my alarm clock n dreams r perfectly coordinated

    very well narrated

    ReplyDelete
  8. @alex..thanx :) tht means u dream according to your convenience..sounds good :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. great description with explicit details....why dont you think of writing a short story n get it published???? good work....keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a very interesting read.. thank you for letting me into a guy's mind.. selection in UPSC through a dance was a dream class apart.. \m/

    ReplyDelete
  11. hw is ur fever hw.. tht Y2A i will kick him for making u also suffer ..
    funny dreams. good tht u remember..
    i remind myself in dream to remember and tell others later in morning :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. @apra..thanks :)
    @pink orchid..thank you for travelling in it :)
    @nidhi..ya fever is gone nw..lets all kick him together..shubh kaam mein deri na ho ;)
    i also sometimes deliberately remind myself to remember the dream :D :D

    ReplyDelete

I've shut up, now its your turn