Wednesday, October 1
The imbecile, naive and oblivious ME
I used to hear around people telling how they have been puppets in the hands of destiny, or God (as the case may be). People (read elderly and wise) telling me that one should always think that a greater power controls our actions and repercussions.
Howsoever times I hear this around me, the imbecile, naive and oblivious child in me often believed otherwise. I guess it took something more than all this to make me realize that sometimes it is best to believe that a greater power is ACTUALLY controlling what I may desperately try to grab on.
No one takes a wrong decision. Because at that point in time, that decision had made perfect sense. What is more excruciating is the feeling that your decision turned out to be a misfit in the present, only because circumstances change, and NOT YOU. Sometimes people also change, but for them, you have changed as well. Not sure though.
So in this impressionable phase of my life, wherein I am going through the repercussions of my decisions taken earlier, I sit back and think all this through. Was I aware at the time of deciding that I would face this situation? Partly yes, Partly No. Whatever part was yes, was I aware that it will be of this magnitude? No. Definitely No.
So what went wrong? Where? In my potential to assess the situation? May be not, because as I said earlier, circumstances change. I cannot foresee future. The "greater power" retains that gift for itself.
The imbecile, naive and oblivious child in me continues to lash at this helplessness and tries to find a solution by asking friends, seeking their suggestions. Friends are of immense help. They not only give unbiased suggestions but also ensure you are handling it well. I am glad I found a few of them around me.
Some of these noble souls tell me to stick on to the decision come what may. Some say to go with the flow and some say to quit. The naive and oblivious me just oscillates amidst all these thoughts.
I know it is a phase, and it too, shall pass. But is patience all that I need to handle this? Can't I do anything more than that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I've shut up, now its your turn