Thursday, December 4

Unending struggle :(

Well the title is surely quite ambiguous one and before you all make any presumptions as to its content...let me add a disclaimer that its not philosophical. Its one irony of my life that I always pray to end, but then when it ends, I long for it...
I am talking about the internships that as law student, I have to undergo during the time our college has vacations..and most of my internships have been in Delhi, which is one helluva place I frequently get lost in.
Thanks to the enormous capital and the brilliant road network, I have got some sort of phobia of the roads!!!!! Previously, i was interning in Gurgaon and thrice i got lost in a week on the same road that was supposed to take me to law firm i was interning under.
Then I have many fellas who live here and who GOD KNOWS come to know I'm there, start inviting me to visit!!!!!!!!!! But MIND IT..no one asks me to stay over there..or provide a chauffer driven car (so what..dreams can come true)..so i have to oblige and then travelling on my own..i end up going somewhere diametrically opposite..(to all those who are aware of geography of NCR..staying in noida, once I was going to Sector 14 and reached Amar Colony, via DND instead!!!!)....

the biggest trouble is Dhaula Kuan flyover and AIIMS flyover..if you do not have a road map, you are bound to get caught in the vicious circle of the traffic who would start beeping and honking behind you, if you dare to slow down your vehicle to counter check your route...

loads to tell, and i can see fellow internees glaring at the kind of time pass I'm doing sitting here..(this place is safdarjung enclave & i got lost..so far..ONCE, thankfully on the first day only)

16 comments:

  1. dont tell me u get lost?? i thought ur like the guide guru of delhi..or maybe only for connaught place :P lol

    the struggle will continue,beta... good luck.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he been there ..faced it :D
    from ghaziabad(anand vihar ) to noida sector 44, I took almost 2 hrs.

    same case on that AIIMS wala bridge ..it's so zig-zag..which road goes in which one and emerges from which one diffuclt to fig out :D
    and my IP sucks too tho it's about to end :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ mads...yes mads...
    i could guide you in CP that's because I have my history with it as well..i bet anyone visiting CP for the first time, wil get lost for sure...its such a maze..Inner circle outer circle and the roads emering out of it...
    i put the delhi map in front of my eyes..and drive...JUST APPRECIATE THE PAINS I TAKE TO LIVE IN THIS TREACHEROUS BOG!!!! :(:(

    thankfully metros r there...but then also many (this time not me whew) can board the wrong train and reach the opposite end! i hv heard some tails in this regard as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ peter
    true indeed..but dont call it a bridge yaar,its much much more than a simple innocent bridge..its a villain..(it may sound an exaggeration to you..but 'jispe beeti ho,wohi samajh sakta hai :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ur post reminded me of my fren RD. he is so bad with roads tht if he walks same road 15 tmes, he wont remmeber. finally one fine day he wanted to surprise me and reached my PG. m sure he mite have asked the road siders.
    all the best with roads.. i hate crossing road.. kinda road phobia..or say traffic phobia!! :O All the best Mr. lawyer. i know one more to be lawyer, yes u got me right!! Mads mad Mess and she too is in del for her internship and freaking like hell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hopefully most of the roads i remember..bt some places in delhi i tell you!! are freakin scary!!

    yah..i met mads in nov in suprem court..lol..she seemed so scare and worried that time..as well as fedup of auto wale bhaiyas..hope she comes up with a blog of tht one also :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. & yah..there are many over head fly overs that start from left side of the road..to take you the right side of the same road... :|
    just imagine...!!! to go right, you should left..!! Ironical, but true

    ReplyDelete
  8. is that the case wid the flyovers? start from one side and end up on other side!! damn!! so its not mine and harini's fault...

    im doing better at roads now thankfully... :D as well as negotiating wid auto wale bhaiyas....

    and hey. went to cp today..and got horribly lost..dunno where we shopped..inner circle or outer circle :| ur right its such a maze :|

    next time when we are in delhi ur taking me to cp :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Then I have many fellas who live here and who GOD KNOWS come to know I'm there, start inviting me to visit!!!!!!!!!! But MIND IT..no one asks me to stay over there..or provide a chauffer driven car "

    That was the biggest reason why I shifted from Noida to Pune - why should I travel everytime on my own, why can't they do that?

    Really yaar, our Jalandhar is good. I am beginning to feel that cities shouldn't have airports, so that they have less development and so lesser headaches.

    Excellent post, it shows that you are clear about what you actually like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ yaju, thanx dude..
    bt i feel airports r necessity..you cant reach places faster which do not have airports..
    anyways..another observation is that..even if you ask people on the road..it is less likely that you'll be thoroughly guided because:
    (1) They themselves don't know either because they ONLY know the route they follow everyday (which is in fact quite common)
    (2) They do not belong to Delhi (for sure so many outsiders live in Delhi and work here)
    (3) There are many roads to one place and you might get confused between two versions (adding to the chaos :()

    ReplyDelete
  11. nokia kharid le..lets never get lost ;)

    n plz remove the word verification ..its a bother

    ReplyDelete
  12. where did i write 'verification?' will someone tell me?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Think tank, ohk i got it..thanks dude..i changed the settings now..

    ReplyDelete
  14. temme how to remove word verification...even i want to remove mine (although no one complains :P)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ mads
    rr...its something in the settings, i accidently bumped into it and discovered the root cause of the complaint..
    try to alter your settings page..it has few tabs in it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh okay..will go through that...

    ReplyDelete

I've shut up, now its your turn