WHY WHY WHY...Why did I join law??????? :( :( uuaaaooo uuaaaooo (sound of a baby cry) I did not know there are sooooooo many things I have to study..ab batao, indirect taxation has customs and excise and I did not know that to manufacture anything, the producer has to pay excise duty on that, depending on the "classification of goods" under the Tariff Act and related Rules..I can boggle your minds by continuing blabbering (but I Refrain from that since jo mere saath hua wo main aap ke saath nahi hone dunga). So after reading the epic sized volumnious edition on Central Excise laws, aimlessly, I decided to close it down. It would be noteworthy to mention that closing a heavy book like this makes some sound (DHUPP or whatever your sensory receptors may perceive it) that fellow internees around, looked at me, as if acknowledging that, "Huh..you got tired?" (Ya ya as if they are born bonds and reading jumbo sized books is something they looooooooooooooooooove to...Bell to them (ghanta!*)
*Ghanta is a lingo we frens use to denote an expression of negating something...e.g.If rakhi sawant says that she hates exposing herself, so people will say.."Huh ghanta" (like that,hope you got the context)
[and in order to sound polite, i will use Bell instead of ghanta :)]
btw here in our firm, the pantry guy gives us coffee twice a day and crisp butter-yukt toast in the evening, and my post lunch session is generally not work oriented because I keep anticipating the arrival of the pantry guy. On my first day, I was too shy to take more than one. And now I'm too shameless to ask him to get more..poor he, has to agree..that is what he is paid for aur waise bhi aadmi kamata hai to khane ke liye hi na..hehe
so the question in the beginning still echoes in my mind that WHY DID I JOIN LAW..?? Alas, it took me 3.5 years to realize this when our graduation is just 1.5 years away!!!
ghantaaaaaaa :D i cudn't hv described it better....hehe..balls to ur fellow internees... :X lol...
ReplyDelete:( why did i join law? i hv more time to figure it out than u...if u find out ur reason pls tell it to me too :P
p.s-my HC lawyer made me read taxation matters...i freaked out and on top of it he told me he himself doesnt understand it sometimes :-| so he can understand my case (pun intended) :-|
@ mads,thanx :)
ReplyDeleteour reasons of joining law could be different na..anyways still im figuring out..lol
Now this reminds me why the hell did I join the line of work. Damn! I am struggling to find an answer for almost 4 yrs...and am so very unsuccessful there...hehe
ReplyDeleteI know everyone comes up with a cool lingo in graduation... Ghantaa sounds great...Bell wud be too ahum! gora-types...
:)
rotfl ..i wud sympathise if i wasn't laughing ..so u never saw all those purani movies where judges and klawyers go on citing lamba lamba laws? u shud hav lrnt
ReplyDeleteGhants can be explained in a better way but you did it in a more plte way so I am agreeing with you that it negates sumthing :)
ReplyDeleteand those law terms were horrifying mate, all the best to you!
Panga leeya hai toh jhelo! hehe
@ harshita
ReplyDeletewots gora types? :O
and wots ur line of work?
@ think tank
lol..those old movies never cite law yaar..they only say..mere muwaqqil and "meelord"..and to tell you the truth, nothin like that exists.thankfully judges do not wear those golden coloured cascading wigs!
@ abhinav..
ReplyDeletei knw :(
hey wots ur version of ghanta? lingos can vary from place to place..& i like to be multi'lingoal'
Gora-type matlab Angrezi ;) Desi ho toh desi raho!! lol
ReplyDeleteI work with IT like every average Indian :)
IT..hmm...big fat bucks ah! (provided you weren't affected by recession)
ReplyDeletehey hey and in those movies...sunny deol goes like tariq pe tariq pe tariq...one of my friend actually asked me if we really hv that in our courts :| LOL....
ReplyDeletelol u r funny, this post was funny. ghanta and bell hehe good good. i'll add up in my dictionary. keep updating. :P
ReplyDelete@ mads..
ReplyDeleteyah tht movie was damini
@nidhi
thanks :)
Jo bhi yeh Agdam bagdam u wrote in the 1st para i din get even a single word :D
ReplyDeletebut yeas its a fact that evryone says about his or her Line of work unless he is Like Ross who can't get enough of his Dinosaurs :P
hey U are surely carving ur hand on an alternative profession ..But i shall refrain form commenting on the lucrative prospects of it..!! .-)
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, U do hv the ideas to make others encourage to blog.!!
Cheers dude..!
why do we all feel regretful about whatever we end up studying? :P
ReplyDeletebutter yukt toast...yummmm :P
@ peter..well all tht stuff u dint get was the laws of taxation..(indirect form of tax..i will stop now for your sake :))
ReplyDelete@sunil..thanks but tht ws a compliment na? :D
@pseudo
thts coz human beings are inherently insatiable
I can tell ya abt d number f disgustin lawyers around....most f dem suck big tym bcoz dey r hijacked by d so called vvip's.From sources i ve heard there r lawyers who get monthly salary frm vvip's so dat dey dun do their duty sincerely.so hp ya doesnt fall in dat category though as they dey money is intoxicating , if dat is a reason to study law.
ReplyDelete:O who are these lawyers who get paid for not doing there work sincerely!!!!???? I WANA MEET THEM... (:P) jokes apart...
ReplyDeleteyah i do not fall in tht category..staying in college still keeps you naive for sometime! In future, I confess, I won't go against the flow, if that is what can bring me sufficiency &Little more than that as well...
well.. damn u..
ReplyDeleteu and ur love for the evenin toast
chitwan.. i swear if next time our path crossed.. i will make sure u have toasts at 6 in the evenin.. :D