Saturday, February 28

On my way

My journey from Jalandhar to New Delhi and then from Old Delhi to Ahmedabad was more than 24 hours though considering the fact that there was 3 hour intervening time when I met my sister and brother in law and got my gift :))))))))))))))) (refer to my previous post-Post Moots and Moods)..and now I proudly declare that my recent and loveable possession that she gifted me is Apple Nano...yay...i will soon upload its pic with a kaala tikka (imagine doing that action with the hands depicting nazar na lage wali feeling). The minute i sat in the train, the first thing I did was, to sync it with my laptop and immediately transfer the music. Yay...the whole journey was fun thereafter..since I really have a doomed luck of getting sad people in my compartment.This time situation was better because...(1) There was my junior in the same B2 Coach with whom I came back to my hostel also; (2) Two guys of more or less my age which were giving me company in making faces while aunty of side berth was changing the nappy of her 'unending whiling away to glory' son. She almost made all three of us his uncles-- "Uncle ko dekho..rona band karo..uncle maarenge..Uncle ko chaa karo (if you know what chaa means,I won't explain otherwise i will reply once u ask in comments)..Uncle ko bolo namashhte..and the poor kid made expressions as if saying us, "Dude my mom is crazy, she thinks I'm gonna do all this"..but we were kind enough to sometimes smile back at her.The father seemed disinterested most of the time...although he did made an awful gaze at me when I ws syncing the music. Don't wana think why...

One more thing I hate in such long journeys is..people switch on and off the lights anytime (hehe count me in it also, ab log karenge to main kyun peechhe hatun)..but I am a kind hearted person not to do this atleast in the middle of the night. Ajmer comes little late in night..so a couple boarded in our compartment and despite me being at the top berth, shook me to ask, is this B2!!!!!!!!!! Bloody hell, dabba dekh ke nahi chad sakte..or else could have asked 5 other people in my bogie,who were blisfully sleeping! But no, it had to happen with me only..WHY AM I THE CHOSEN ONE, bhagwaan!! I was adamant of not replying and I won :) they went past my bogie..may have found some other target..i dont remember as I dozed off again..with my iPod safe in my shirt pocket..:)

I tell you one strange thing I always notice is the coffee wala...he won't say Coffee..or Bru or Nescafe...he says.."Nescoffee"!!..and i wonder at this weird hybridized word. Hats off to IRCTC lavatory cleaners who do this job so efficiently..Some people shout at these cleaners complaining that they have to go in with fingers on their nostrils..although i also do it, but come on yaar..we dirty the place and shout at those who come and clean it..Trust me, they clean it with so heavy duty machines..it seems sanitized after they're done.Yet some rude bunch of travellers never consider it..

So now after more than 24 hours of journey, I am back to the place where I have 1.25 years to spend...grant me the patience to tolerate this..deriving encouragement from nescoffee wala and irctc cleaners...
still feel like im in the train...kinda head rush going on..sayonara..

5 comments:

  1. Hehe! Nice depiction of the ever entertaining Indian railways journey!

    Congrats for the Nano! car nahi toh iPod hi sahi!
    And all the very best for the rest 1.25 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earlier it wasBus Journey and now it is about Railways... no wonder one day u ll write about Indian Airways...
    Good Keepp It upp

    ReplyDelete
  3. what does uncle ko chaa karo mean ? :O :| do susu on uncle? :O
    congrats for the ipod \:D/ :D treat treat :P
    hilarious post :D ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. The frustratin thing durin ma train journeys is d fact dat beautiful gals neva find a seat in ma compartment & once when i finally got one the TTR upgraded my RAC to AC

    seriously every train journey is an experience in itself,learning to deal with all sorts f crazy people

    ReplyDelete
  5. very well narrated. an interestin read.:)

    ReplyDelete

I've shut up, now its your turn