There is an old song...very old in fact, of the movie Mother India, I think, in which Nargis while ploughing in the fields all by herself sings this song.."Duniya mein aaye hain to jeena hi padega.."
Sure this is a hard hitting reality. Birth of a infant is celebrated like anything. Ask that infant also, "Kya tu paida hona chahta hai ke nahi" :P
Then begins the unending struggle called life. You have to be fit enough to survive (jungle laws have their effect many a times, as well), witty enough to outsmart others if you want your life to be really like you dreamt to be. Then there are soooo many people to tell you, what to do and what not to do. Some guide you genuinly and unconditionally (parents, siblings..if lucky, then friends) some misguide you. It is life and only life that teaches you to distinguish between them.
I recall this movie Fanaa in which Kirron Kher tells this to her blind daughter Kajol that it may be easy to choose between right and wrong. But then you have to be wise enough to choose between better and the best/bad or the worst. She reiterates the same thing to her son in the end. This dialogue surely struck me and I admire the script writer for this.
Life is all about making choices. But why do we everytime have to learn from our mistakes. Sometimes these very mistakes have far reaching consequences.
I wish I was a small kid and relive those times when only thing that bothered us was, waking up early for school in the morning. That also was more of a botheration for our poor mothers, i guess. It's good to be independent, I give credit to my college and my hostel life for that. But aarrrggghhhh, the peer pressure and the inevitable expectations is too much man! Is it me only facing this dilemma or do I have anyone sailing in the same boat?
Wednesday, January 21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are not the only one. I ask myself everyday WTF I hate my job and yet for the sake of paying my bills am doing tht...damn I wanna sing and play a guitar and not work with sum stupid asses all day long...haha
ReplyDeletePar yehi life hain... ;) Masti se jeeyogey toh achcha hain... jeeni toh hain hi :D
ohh i thought it had somethng to do wid the william wordsworth :P
ReplyDeleteanywas pressure is there try to cope up even i am literally fucked up at the moment ..best of luck ,man !
Duniya main aaye ho toh jeena hi padega..!
ReplyDeletecorrect...!
I can't answer how to live the life MY way coz I am still finding a way that can be called MY way..
Interesting post...
The best tym of nybody's life is his/her childhood no doubt to it!!! tension free, stress free!
ReplyDeletebut still da more we live in this world we become more attached to it!!!
nodoubt we most of the tyms feel like kicking off this life bt we never do dat! coz the life a human or ny living creature get the most precious thing 4 him.
life has given us everything!
family,love,friendship and millions of relations and emotions relating dat!!!
so wat i can say simply
ZINDEGI ROCKS!!!! :) :) :)