I was interning in Delhi and during that time I read in Delhi Times, that Emran Hashmi had apparently seen the movie 1920 and told his director that there were striking resemblances between this movie and his forthcoming movie Raaz the mystery continues..
I liked the previous Raaz movie and was hoping for a bigger thrill. 1920 was cliched, though..anyhow i was predetermined to watch Raaz....and my predetermination was so strong for the movie (even more for Kangana :P) that I decided not to follow my usual habit and went in to see the movie.
P.S.- My usual habit is, to always consider the reviews first and then go and watch it.
Why Why Why I did not remain being habitual.
No offences to the maker, but seriously the movie sucked. There was no horror man!! I kept waiting for things to get more mysterious, as apparently the title says so (THE MYSTERY CONTINUES)!! So predictable scenes-copied from The Ring, Stigmata,Devil's Advocate and yeah, like Hashmi, I could draw similarity but only in one scene. It seems 1920 was a better one than this, barring songs (dont dare to listen 1920 songs..chheee you people will surely laugh at me thinking, isne 1920 ke songs bhi suune hain?????) (haan maine suune hai..wo bhi bollyextreme se download karke,some inauspicious moment it must be). Songs of Raaz are nice, liked them. Could have picturized better, though..
Oh, i forgot..I DID READ ITS ONLINE REVIEW...but that Taran Adarsh..seems he praises every movie these days. One thing I'm glad about is that I saw the movie in a local theatre (gandhinagar sector 21-Rajshree Cinema :P) and not in multiplex..whew!!!
I also told madhuri not to see the movie. But I think she will...who knows the new guy may drive her to the movie hall...(i can imagine her growling look while reading this :P)
without divulging much of the continuing mystery in the movie, all I would like to say is that it is really tough to make an appealing movie these days.Indian audiences have become mature, I feel. They don't take shit.Wo zamana nahi raha ke govinda-karishma ki line se movies aaye...aur hit bhi ho jaye..with similar stories,similar cast,almost similar music and movie titles (No.1 series if you remember). Waiting for a better experience now.
Friday, January 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:| u already told us the mystery. that there is no mystery :O arre tell me the story
ReplyDeletei didnt not watch it, though i was planning to :P i will watch it when it comes on cable...btw who's the new guy who will drive me?? yes i know i hv new crushes every other day, so it is hard for me to keep track :(
lol@ no.1 series. yeah. our audience has become much smarter...and cooler :P
i watched dostana in dilli...lalalala... :D :D
i dont agree wid reading the reviews n then going for the movie..if u want to, then go for it :| :| :| (although i suffered hell lot by watching singgh is kinng on 1st day 2nd show)
i also dun feel like reading the review and going for it ...it spoils the mood sumtimes tho sumtimes its gud that u decide not to watch it like for CC2C :P
ReplyDeleteanyways ..i have also heard and seen the movie 1920 with only 10 ppl in the theater ..and the show was from 9:15 PM so the exp was gud kinda ..and yeah there is a song called Vada from that movie that one can listen ...its gud :D
so i am nt the one who will abuse u for that :P
and yeah u look diffrnt and better in this new pic of urs :D
I dun have the habit of reading the reviews before i see the move if i am desperate for it then ..well most of the times it works but sumtimes i end up watching DRONA :(
ReplyDeleteand yeah tum akele nahi ho dost mainey bhi 1920 k gaaney suney hain ...and i like that VADAA wala song :-D but still RAAZ is far better i agree
and btw u look changed and better in ur new pic :D
@ mads
ReplyDeletehvnt seen singh is kingg and cc2c yet..wont even see it
@ peter
yah..vada song is ok..the piano instrumental is better, but i thought no one would even recognize it.Glad, u did!!
btw..i heard u singing guzarish :)
hehe nice review.. Neither was I thinking of watching that movie and now when you have killed even the slightest Raaz lover in me, if any, i will not see this movie for sure..
ReplyDeletei completely differ with you about the movie..
ReplyDeleteit wasnt that bad and clearly, kangna did a really good job in the movie.. :)
and well it was better than DRONA nyday :P
btw.. i liked d songs of the movie too.. bingo!!
hehhe...was planning to go for raaz...but now after it ...no scope..:P
ReplyDeletevery funny
hey i posted twice :O now thrice :O
ReplyDeleteawryt i wasn't sure for the 1st tym so had to comment again and now when u say u heard me singing Guzarish, i feel like hiding myself :P
tht was bad, i dunno how this gal liked it 1st thng i wasnt sure whtehr it was working or nt and then i wasnt sure if i was audible and ..i was out of my breath ..(tho she doesn't take my breath away, mind u :P LOL)
anyways thnks for bearing it :D
@abhinav
ReplyDeletekabhi CD pe dekh lena..isse zyada this doesnt deserve
@honey
well kangana cannot make the entire movie work on her shoulders, there's got to be somethin more!
@amrita
thank you lol ;P
@peter
see if you sing with all the gadgets and synthesizers around, im sure you can make a good score.ya you did sound little out of breath, but you need little riyaaz :)
Mujhey horror movies se darr lagta hain...ooooooh! mummy....
ReplyDelete