As i write this post, I see the voting stain on my finger :) It was my first time and it feels really great....I entered my polling booth, gave them my voter card for identification, they tick marked my name and vote no. and asked me to proceed on next table. Two females did same thing, how redundant i thought..but nonetheless, important for records may be..and then it was- the person put that paint on my finger and asked me to enter that chamber having EVM. I pressed the button and BEEEEEEEEEPPP....hurrah!! I casted my vote!! I was smiling when I came out, my father was already teasing me that I shud take a camera inside EVM ;) my other neighbours had also come, and they were kinda surprised to see my happy face.... "abey vote di hai tune..oscar nahi jeeta"
bells to them!! and atleast I have some reason to be happy...i really pity those who consider voting day as chhuti ka din and lounge at home on the pretext of indifference towards government or laziness to make their voter cards. I was shocked to see newspaper advertisement about BleedIndia, when I was in college-April ki baat hai ye..somethin like that..showing a bleeding finger, telling not to vote..!!!!!!!! Now i agree every person has right to freedom of speech and expression guaranteed under our Constitution..but we should never forget that no freedom is absolute, to right is limitless....every right has a corresponding duty with it..
To vote is our right and duty- a national obligation. If you are so much apathic to the government, go the booth, fill up the form about "your decision not to vote for anyone"...very soon this might come in EVM also. But I feel, you have no right to preach about Not to Vote!!! and on the top of it..the Times of India itself is advertising this...i was shocked...
If any advertisement can be printed by giving money, then advertise theft, robbery, dacoity, corruption..they are as disheartening for me as non-voting is!!
Through this post, I want to request all the readers, that go and vote..and enjoy the sense of responsibility and belonging with India.
Wednesday, May 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hehe! Congrats! waise its a pity that u voted in the last phase! pahle phase main vote-te toh log is post ko padhke khush hokar encourage hote!! Anyways! lets hope ki next time 5 saal baad voting karni ho!
ReplyDeletearey i din vote ..mera naam he nahi tha :(
ReplyDeletewill vote next time pakke se :D :P
Yeah! me too voted for the first time.. not coz am 18 now...hehe... but coz of my travelling all this while, I never made it to my town during elections.
ReplyDeleteI am glad, that we, youngsters have woken up and taken the right decisions.
:)
I disagree with this post.Though I do not endorse the Bleed India campaign,it is indeed thought provoking.Y vote for the murderer,rapist,underhand,communal,filthy rich ..... man/woman n waste your time.Having spent quality time with a present MP's close friend I can assure u the Parliament is a shabby world.This is what the present MP's friend told me after he got elected - "What's the matter if the MP gets richer by unfair means??...as long as he gives a part of it to the people of his constituency"
ReplyDelete